- Provides construction administration for Town projects, including assessment of needs; development of plans, approvals, and contracts; and finalize projects.
- Provides construction monitoring and inspection of public improvements within private development projects.
- Provides services to improve public health and safety for project's such as streets, stormwater, pedestrian and bicycle safety, Planning Department plan review, and other services as needed.
The 203 Project
The 203 Project will be the future home of Orange County Southern Branch Library to serve residents in or near southern Orange County. It is located at 203 S. Greensboro Street, an existing Carrboro municipal parking lot near the center of the town. The facility will also provide a permanent home for the Orange County Skills Development Center; Carrboro Recreation, Parks and Cultural Resources Department; WCOM Radio, the Virtual Justice Center; and performance/multipurpose uses. The 203 Project is a combined effort that will offer a community-based facility that will provide opportunities for education, art, and connection.
Westwood Cemetery Master Plan
On September 19, 2023, Carrboro Town Council approved the Westwood Cemetery Master Plan prepared by Carter van Dyke Associates (CVDA). The Master Plan for the 8.73-acre existing cemetery includes the following improvements:
- Expanded areas for burial plots
- Diversified interment options
- New loop road access to improve traffic safety
- Asphalt and mulch walking paths
- A rain garden to limit erosion
- Reflection area with seating, flags, and memorial wall
- New fence that will encompass the cemetery
- Tree plantings,
- Undeveloped greenspace
2023 Street Resurfacing
The 2023 Street Resurfacing Project is intended to keep streets and curb ramps safe and in good condition for all users, and to make improvements strategically and efficiently to ensure safer and longer-lasting streets and curbs.
Carrboro’s 2023 Street Resurfacing Project includes resurfacing to 3,674 linear feet of roadways, patching, and related construction activity such as manhole adjustments and pavement markings.
Oak Ave. and Merritt St. Resurfacing 2022
The Town of Carrboro resurfaced Merritt St and a portion of Oak Ave in July 2022. Permanent asphalt speed tables were installed following the resurfacing project.